Customers keep asking for another yarn base in a mid-weight, so here it is! After researching different kinds of DK weight yarn, I’ve decided to add to the Backyard Garden Line. It’s the perfect yarn for so many projects, and it is our #1 seller. I am happy to announce I have chosen Backyard Garden for a DK weight due to its excellent benefits and hard-working and dependable nature. Backyard Garden is a 4 ply yarn, 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon, available now in Fingering/Sock AND DK!
Why I Chose Backyard Garden for a DK Weight?
Why Backyard Garden for a DK weight yarn?
- Backyard Garden in Fingering/Sock is my #1 best seller
- hard wearing 4 ply yarn
- It is 75% Superwash Merino and 25% nylon
- One of the best hard-wearing sock yarn
- DK weight socks knit up fast and are comfy to wear
- One skein can make a quick hat or cowl. Almost instant gratification!
- It is perfect hand-dyed yarn as it soaks up the dye for vibrant colorways!
Backyard Garden is a four-ply 75% Superwash Merino blended with 25% nylon. Nylon gives the yarn extra durability and strength, while the merino is very soft and washable. Being four-ply with 25% nylon makes this the perfect base for hard-wearing socks, and in DK weight socks, knit up quickly. Try it also for a fun one skein cowl or hat.
Backyard Garden DK 100 g skeins contain 245 yards, 20 g minis have 49 yards. I am releasing all new colorways in both BYG Fingering and DK. It is also available on every Dye to Order listing.
My Favorite Ravelry Patterns For Backyard Garden DK-
I looked through my Ravelry favorites and found these patterns that I think would be perfect for Backyard Garden DK hand-dyed yarn.
- Sonatine – It is a stylish and cute triangle cowl made by using one skein of 100 g and 1 of 20 contrast.
- Granger Toque – A fun, quick hat with slip stitches, the pattern comes with directions for all yarn weights.
- The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief – shows off the hand-dyed yarn. You can make the kerchief with one skein.
- Free Cowl pattern by Tin Can Knits – It is a simple yet effective cowl. You can give it a try for fun.
- Easy Does it DK – It is a free pattern beautiful & easy shape shawl with smooth edge detail. It is available in two sizes- 1 skein of custom dyed yarn or 2.
- Perfect DK Weight Socks by Twin stitches designs– Did I tell you I am the guest dyer for Twin Stitches Patreon Group in December?!
- Comfort Cade Cardi by Andrea Mowry– A gorgeous single strand fade sweater pattern
- Strange Brew by Tin Can Knits– I have knit this one. One of my favorite sweaters, use minis for the Colorwork!
- Norwegian Fir Top Down Cardigan – oh my, I miss knitting for my babies, but this one goes to size 8-9 years! And it’s garter stitch!
These are some of the top patterns you can try to make. However, Before I get deeper into the Ravelry pattern rabbit hole, that’s all for now. Back to the dye studio! Take a look at my suggestions then take a look at my ready to ship and dye to order options for BYG DK on my site. I hope you will consider it your favorite online yarn stores! If you need help, just send me a message!